WHO I AM (AS A WRITER)

Hey, y'all!

In anticipation of a HUGE project I am doing in 2016- currently I am in pre-production mode- it incorporates all my various aspects: writing, singing, composing, acting, video, blogging, screenwriting, novel writing, playwrighting, and comedy- I am also taing the Writer's Digest "platform building challenge." What's a platform, you ask? This is! :) Meaning, for me "as a writer," I use this blog to exercise my particular voice and engage with readers in a personally communicative way differently than, say, in my one woman shows or scripts or novels. SO! 

DAY ONE:

WHO AM I
(as a writer)

Name (as used in byline): Erin Muir
      *different than my performer/ actress/ singer name, which is Erin Carere. I know, it's like, wait,
        so there are two Erins? No. There are a thousand Erins. :) But someone once convinced me that
        I should market myself differently for each area of my skills, so I use Erin Muir for all things
        writing and Erin Carere for all things performing.

Position(s): Award winning playwright, screenwriter, award winning short film producer, novelist, poet, published short story writer, essayist, blogger. Comedian who has appeared at The Comedy Store, Flappers. Writer and performer of one woman shows, most recently, "StandUpera." Ghostwriter and Editor for books by self-help gurus. Life coach, relationship coach, radio show host.   

Skill(s): Screenwriting; stand up and sketch comedy; improv; creative writing (poetry and fiction); playwrighting; copywriting; video and film production; theater production; blogging; publicity; problem solving; idea generation; public speaking; community building; teaching; mentoring.

Social media platforms (active): Facebook;  Twitter

URL(s): www.worldoferin.comwww.erinthepisces.blogspot.com

Accomplishments: Winner, "Best Comedy Short" at the Hollywood & Vine Film Festival, for "Cake!". Winner, "Pick of the Fringe," at Minnesota Fringe Festival, for play "My Life as a Phone Psychic." Winner, "Best Female Performer of 2010" by Rockwired magazine for songwriting on "poets lovely daughter." Host, Radio Show, WIDE OPEN, on LA Talk Radio 2008-2010, 12Radio 2014-2015. Performed comedy, music and one woman shows across the US.

Interests: Writing (all genres); acting, singing and performing (comedy, dramedy, drama, crime procedurals, noir, rom com, musicals, adult contemporary music, standards, love ballads); reading (currently reading "Under Tiberius" by Nick Tosches and "You Too Can Have a Body Like Mine" by Alexandra Kleeman; The BBC's Sherlock Holmes; watching movies (all genres); yoga, meditation, spirituality; family (being a good domestic partner wifey and mom to my fur baby Henry); animal rescue; faith; fitness (especially walking, hiking, and barre class). She also collects four leaf (and five leaf) clovers, and has found hundreds across the world.

In one sentence, who am I? Erin Muir is a transmedia storyteller based in Los Angeles who travels the world in search of stories worth sharing, particularly those that tell of the triumph of the human spirit; a modern mystic who brings magical realism and potent storytelling to all her endeavors.

*****

Popular Posts