Struggles and Triumphs and My Favorite Movies

Well, well, well!

It's July 28th, 2015, (happy birthday, Dad!) and I haven't written in almost a month.

Oh, I *intend* to write about my life and what I'm doing, and continue with my blog about my favorite movies. My LIST of my favorite movies keeps getting longer, as does my list of movies I want to see next! I'm thinking of doing a round the world tour on the top twenty greatest films from each country, each decade, for every country that has a film industry of some semblance, beginning with India. Why India? I don't know, it's just what came out of my fingers.

But FIRST I have to finish catching up on Blacklist.

But FIRST first, I have a lot going on! I wanted to just to write a blog getting back into the spirit of blogging because some wonderful things are happening, but mostly in the "development" phase, which can last anywhere from three weeks to (let's not go into how long something can be in development, please! Remember Tammy, the movie where Susan Sarandon played the grandmother to a woman who, in reality, is probably only 25 years younger than her? That's what happens when scripts are in development a LONG time and then the person who wrote the script insists on playing the lead character even though she's twenty years past that actual age. I don't KNOW if that's what happened with Tammy, and I LOVE all the actors in that piece, so it was weird for me to be bugged by it, but it would be like me writing a film about my childhood and insisting on playing myself at age 8. Like, I could do it, and it would have a definite theme and tone and it BETTER be hilarious.)

Anyway.

I digress.

But isn't most blogging a digression of sorts?

So here's what's happening.

I've gone on two diets and then found a program called the F It diet and immediately switched to that. Check it out.

I am working with a new person in my career life who is incredible. More about that when I can say more!

I recorded the theme for the soundtrack of a new film to be shot in Sardinia in the fall of this year! (2015). Next I will record another song for the theme.

I am in rewrites on the action thriller I have been writing with Carlo.

It's awesome.

And my novel is coming along, slowly but surely, because I basically get up as early as I can to write as much as possible every day. :)

This blog is more like a bullet point of my to do list on a daily basis! So should I add laundry and walking Henry? LOL. Maybe.

So here's my list of favorite movies:
*not a definitive or complete list
*not my list of "best" movies, mind you. Favorite.
*In no particular order!

Moonstruck
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
The Muppet Movie
Princess Bride
When Harry Met Sally
Philadelphia Story
It Happened One Night
Portrait of Jennie
Casablance
Titanic
Apocalypse Now
Mannequin
Seven Samurai
Les Quatre Cent Coups (The 400 Blows)
Diabolique
Les Parapluies de Cherbourg (The Umbrellas of Cherbourg)
Mannequin
Thelma and Louise
Fried Green Tomatoes
Don Juan De Marco
Edward Scissorhands
Breakfast at Tiffany's
Fatal Attraction
In Bruges
Moonrise Kingdom
Elephant Man
The Professional
The Intouchables (the French film from 2012)
La Vita E Bella (Life is Beautiful)
The Lives of Others
Get Schmidt
The Pickup Artist
Pretty in Pink
Only You
After All
Her
Mean Girls
Easy A
Legally Blonde
Orlando
Girl with A Dragon Tattoo (both the original and the remake)
Chico y Rita
Bladerunner
O, Brother, Where Art Though
Bonnie and Clyde
Sullivan's Travels
Love, Actually
Sunset Boulevard
Some Like It Hot
Pride and Prejudice (BBC)
Anne of Green Gables (CBC)
Room with a View
Much Ado About Nothing
Hamlet (Mel Gibson! Yes, really!)
Hamlet 2000
Before Sunrise
Before Sunset
Before Midnight
Aliens
Working Girl
Terminator 2
Bringing Up Baby
Camelot
What's Eating Gilbert Grape?
The Incredible Lightness of Being
La Cite des Enfants Perdus
Good Will Hunting
To Kill a Mockingbird
The World According to Garp
Groundhog Day
The Browning Version
Immoral Beloved
Field of Dreams
A League of Their Own
French Kiss
Pan's Labrynth
Labrynth

Popular Posts