Erin's Latest Single- The Only One Forever- available on iTunes

January 12th, 2016

Happy New Year, everyone!

'Tis I, Erin, who last month (and year!) made ya laugh (I hope, I hope!) with a selection from my one woman show, "StandUpera!"

This month, I'm releasing a new single on iTunes. I'll add all the download, stream, and related video links at the end of this email!

This song comes from a Sardinian folk song, "No Potho Reposare." I will be singing the original, err, rather, most commonly accepted and sung version of this song this spring, with an orchestra, as the theme of a movie filming in Italy! I feel so excited and blessed to be able to return to Italy to sing in such great circumstances, AND support my sweetheartwho is acting in the film alongside Italian legend Franco Nero.

I took the original song, and along with Carlo, we rewrote a version in English. I cannot say it is a translation exactly because while we were talking through the poetic version of the song, we discovered a new meaning, and once I made a musical arrangement, which was then slightly rearranged by the producer, Andres Lopez, it actually developed a new meaning unto itself!

Translating the song was interesting because the language was not only poetic, but slightly archaic to Carlo's ears. It was sort of like taking, say, Shakespeare, and translating Shakespeare's cadence into a modern English. Only imagine that the Shakespeare source material was originally in Sardinian, which is similar to Italian in some ways, but not really the same language. It was fun to discover a song that we feel can translate beyond time and tastes into what we present today!

A few other notes, and then the links for the songs!

I am performing in Los Angeles in early March at one of my favorite venues, Genghis Coen. We are still confirming the date, so as soon as I know it, you will too! That said, I am working with the venue to see about LIVE STREAMING THE CONCERT so that people all around the world can watch, and /or watch later! It will be a fun evening with some originals, yes, but also a few pop standards from today as well as years gone by, a couple of jazzy tongue in cheek cabaret numbers, and of course, a classical-pop tune or aria or two.

Okay!

Here's the song!

You can download it on:

iTunes https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/the-only-one-forever-single/id1072545679

CDBabyhttp://www.cdbaby.com/cd/erincarere3

You can stream it on:

ReverbNation https://www.reverbnation.com/erincarere/song/25065567-the-only-one-forever

YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jX3rgyG4UUI&feature=youtu.be

Or on my Jango Radio Station:http://www.jango.com/music/Erin+Carere

Thanks, everyone!

Popular Posts