a broad harvest of palms and gold

 
a broad harvest of palms and gold


            (…because I’m still in love with you, I want to see you dancing…
-Neil Young.)
(…Jadis, si je me souviens bien, ma vie était un festin où s'ouvraient tous les
cœurs, où tous les vins coulaient…
-Arthur Rimbaud.)


teasing full moon-            my sweetest friend-
you see me here, iconoclastic,
more of myself in trash and couture,
my body betraying such costumes
as we crash a tortured fete.

i, a yogi cowgirl riding off into the sunset

eating every last heart in the sky,

and-

you, the sky.

oh, what happened to the wild ones inside?
did they grow up a while back?
a decision to be regretted and fretted over and-

witnessed by a gypsy in the stars.

your heart calls upon my soul,
as the sirens sang to odysseus aeons ago,
as distraction forever woos the world
of human, mortal, near human, barely human,
immortal, immoral, for-getted?

here now grammar forgotful
hammered forlorn
lost for nothing
as I am none
of these

I chewed up every last mortal morsel,
and spat them out.
they needed salt.

but back to this full moon,
for this is a modern world
lacking romance,
romantics leaping in twos and threes
into the sky
for dearth of meaning
for lies of mirth in feeling
for phony sighs and American thighs

and here, I.


legs out the window,
hands like wings,
I dangle for none to see,
to think such wondrous things!
for nobody.
nobody but me….
…and an imaginary you
portrayed in this evening’s performance
by

sir firmament,

notes by Bach and Bacharach,
Sawhney, Young and
let me list a thousand loves
upon my fingers
if it distract you long enough to listen to

the wind,
which
reminds me:

presently i’m hanging upside down
outside the window
right side up
in a mobius world

just waiting for a reason to stay
just waiting for a reason to run






….away.





Love Always,
Whatever that means,


Erin Elizabeth

Popular Posts