ANNOUNCEMENT about SPY V SPIA!

"Spy V Spia," the new web series written by and starring me Erin Carere ErinCarere and Carlo Carere was just named a FINALIST in the ReelRebels Entertainment LLC Screenwriting Contest! I am super excited to keep this series moving forward.

If you haven't seen the teaser video we did, head over to SpyVSpia.com or youtube:


and take a gander.



Spy V Spia is a digital sitcom that blends spy parody with a “will they/won’t they” romantic comedy twist… Like Moonlighting, but with spies!

LOGLINE: Two rival international spies from across the globe discover they've moved in next door to each other and form an uneasy, love-hate frenemy state. When mysterious
ninjas attack in a nefarious plot to overturn the world, the duo joins forces only to discover secrets about their pasts, their futures, and their hearts.

One of the reasons this project is SO close to my heart is because... as many of you know, I've been an artist/ singer/ writer/ actress a looooooong time, with many wins, but many heartbreaks as well. That's life, yeah? And especially life as a performer. But I decided a few years back that even if I never "made it" (whatever THAT means), I would create projects that fulfilled my gifts and talents. But WHERE and HOW could I create something that was about an opera singer, but that was funny?

Then, A few years back, Carlo and I put ourselves on tape for an audition, a first date gone wrong kind of scene:


When I accidentally ran across it again a year ago, I was struck by the sexy yet antagonistic spark between us. It reminded me of "Adam’s Rib," a favorite battle-of-the-sexes film. I then watched every such project I could find, from "His Girl Friday" and "The Lady Eve" to "Moonlighting" and "Cheers." At the same time, Carlo and I were writing our action-thriller script "Time Zero" and I was deeply engrossed in that genre as well.

A story began to emerge in my mind about two lost, international people who were attracted to each other, but for some reason couldn’t come together the normal way. What emerged from that was "Spy V Spia," a love and spy-themed amalgamation of snark, heart and charm, telling the stories we love to reimagine in each generation but in a way that reflects the movement and evolution of TODAY.

Wish us luck, and have a GREAT DAY!

Popular Posts